Stay STI Smart is a game developed by Youth Wellbeing Project. This game requires a Spin Board, Dice and tokens: available for purchase in our store.
Learning builds on, but is not limited to, prior sexual health knowledge. Due to the vast number of STIs, only some are highlighted. An important supporting information document is provided in the STIs: Facts, Prevention, Outcomes resource, found online in the Delivery Stream
– Stay STI Fact File (this webpage)
– 4 Markers (A, B, C, Other)
– 1 Giant Foam dice
– 1 Stay STI smart Spin Board
- Ask the participants to stand in the middle of the room with the 4 Markers laid out in in the remaining floor space.
- Participants are issued 3 ‘life-lines’ – Tokens – worth 1 point each
- Ask one participant to roll the dice and another to use the Spin Board. The number on the dice and colour randomly selected relates to the question. If you have already read a particular question, move on to another of the same colour.
- The facilitator asks the question selected, prompting the participants to stand around the marker they think is the right answer.
- Participants who are standing on the right answer receive ONE point.
- If they are on the wrong answer, ONE point is deducted.
- If it is an “OTHER” answer and they have partially answered by standing on one of the correct options, they do not receive nor have points deducted.
- If questions arise for further investigation, write it on the board.
- Continue to have different participants roll the dice and use the Spin Board so each player gets a turn.
- Optional prizes for participant(s) who score the most points.